Saturday 25 September 2010

Chocolate Orange Bars

This is a recipe I found on www.crossfittameside.com - I forwarded it to my Mum before I tried it and when I visited her at the weekend she had made a batch and I cannot describe how amazing they are! Chocolate orange eat your heart out! They are totally paleo friendly...but you won't believe it!

Ingredients

200g Dates
200g Cashew Nuts
50g Sultanas
20g Cocoa Powder (Green & Blacks Organic Cocoa Powder is nice)
Zest of 1 orange

1) Whizz up the cashew nuts in a food processor until finely chopped.
2) Add all the other ingredients and whizz again until they are all blended and sticking together.
3) Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and roll using a rolling pin or just your hands until flat then cut into bars.

This is Mum's effort, not mine, so might have to take back what I said about her cooking skills earlier..!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here...it's always nice to know who is reading this!